Ontario's Accessibility Standards for Customer Service is about providing good customer service to everyone.
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
LEN’S MILL STORES is committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and will make every reasonable effort to ensure everyone has the same or similar access to all goods and services that we provide.
Providing Access to Goods & Services
All employees of LEN’S MILL STORES will at all times make every reasonable effort to ensure that all customers receive the same or similar access to the goods and services that we offer while still respecting the persons independence and dignity. This may include, but is not limited to, the following examples:
- Opening/Holding the entrance door as required.
- Reading flyers, signs or prices to sight impaired individuals.
- Reaching difficult to reach merchandise for customers confined to a wheel chair.
- Carrying merchandise to the checkout or their vehicle.
- Any other reasonable assistance as required.
If a person is having difficulty accessing our goods or services it is our policy to ask the person how we may best suit their needs in assisting them to access the goods or services they are attempting to access.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their personal disability. Where we are having difficulty communicating with an individual, we will ask them what method would best meet their communication needs, and make every reasonable attempt to meet those needs.
Service Animals & Support Persons
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are welcome on any part of our premises that is open to the public. A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on any part of our premises that is open to the public.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unplanned disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, LEN'S MILL STORES will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or service, if available. The notice will be placed at all entrances.
LEN’S MILL STORES provides training to all employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. This training is provided within the first 12 weeks of employment. Additional training is provided as this or any other related policy changes. Training includes but is not limited to:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- LEN’S MILL STORES policy related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing LEN’S MILL STORES goods and services.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way LEN’S MILL STORES provides goods and services to people with disabilities, or who would like to request a copy of this Accessible Customer Service Standard document may do so:
- By email at email@example.com
- Through our company website at www.lensmill.com
- By fax at (519)743-3629
- In writing at 130 Moore Ave S., Waterloo, ON N2J 1X5
- In another form that may be more suitable to a person with specific disabilities on request
Please provide your complete name, address and phone number so that we may respond to your feedback/complaint. All feedback and complaints should be directed to the General Manager and will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures. Customers can expect to hear back within 30 days.
Modifications to this or other policies Any policy of LEN’S MILL STORES that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.